1. If using a phone- TURN IT HORiZONTALLY!
2. Do not shoot into the light- keep at your back if possible.
3. Bring the camera (or phone) down to eye-level of your subject.
4. Keep your shot as steady as possible!- this is a must!
Tripod's always a great idea when possible!
5. Don't "stalk" your subject- allow them to move out of frame-
Then re-establish the next cut-in shot.
6. Learn and follow the basics of the "Rule of Thirds".
(Won't get into it here-Many articles on this).
7. Pay extra attention to audio- bad audio can ruin a great shoot.
Use an external or shot-gun mic if further than 5' from
How to Shoot
Follow these few steps and you will up your game!